Patient Transfers to United Regional
Transfers From a Hospital, Emergency Department, Clinic or Physician’s Office
We provide a “One Call” Patient Transfer Center for physicians and hospitals to use to send patients to United Regional. The Patient Transfer Center is staffed 24 hours a day. The process is simple:
- Place one call to 940-764-3333.
- Please have the following patient information ready to provide:
- Patient name
- Care needs
- Call-back phone number
- The Patient Transfer Center Access Nurse will find an admitting physician for your patient.
- The Patient Transfer Center Access Nurse will call you back within 30 minutes for you to speak with the admitting physician.
- You will be placed in a three-way call with the admitting physician and the Patient Transfer Center Access Nurse to discuss your patient’s treatment plan for acceptance determination
Information requested from the transferring physician may include:
- Working diagnosis
- Location in which the patient is coming from
- Pertinent clinical information
- Vital signs
- Pertinent history and physician findings
- Plan for treatment
- Admitting physician if one has already been secured
- Callers name and contact number
- Procedure to be done (if any needed)
- The transferring hospital should fax the patient’s face sheet to United Regional at 940-764-3368.
- The transferring hospital or physician’s office will be asked to provide a nurse to nurse report to our receiving unit.
- When needed, the Patient Transfer Center nurse can assist with air transportation for your patient.
- If the patient is coming to the Emergency Department, the patient will follow the traditional intake process for prioritizing arriving ED patients.
- If the patient is coming from a physician’s office by private vehicle, the patient should be directed to the first floor Bridwell Tower. After 6 p.m., the patient should be directed to the Emergency Department for processing.
Access to care, accurate level of care, and continuous monitoring against nationally recognized acute care criteria is the primary function of the Patient Transfer Center Access Nurse. An Access Nurse will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to receive referral calls for patient transfers and can be reached at 940-764-3333.
Physician Representative Network
Physician Representative Network consist of physician office staff and hospital personnel with a common goal of sharing resources, education and tools to assist in identifying business office issues and other concerns within our medical community.
Please contact Desi Vicars, Referral Development Specialist, at 940-764-3015 or email DVicars@unitedregional.org for further information.
Quick Reference Guide
Click here for a list of health care providers and their contact information.