Q. What are the criteria to request an event sponsorship?

A. Any nonprofit 501(c)(3), 501(c)(6) or 509(a)(1) organization or tax-exempt public agency classified under Section 170 (c) (1) that operates programs that fit within our geographic scope, priority focus areas and meets our eligibility requirements is welcome to apply.

United Regional will consider requests that align with our passion; support our established Organizational Priorities and Strategies; support priority areas documented in the Community Health Needs Assessment; build economic and community development; and improve community health and quality of life.

Q. What is the deadline for requesting an event sponsorship or community support?

A. Currently, all applications are accepted year-round. For community events, please ensure you submit the request at least 90 days before the event, however, submitting early is always recommended.  For large-scale events, submitting requests by October for budget consideration for the following year is recommended.

Q. Can we use United Regional’s logo in our advertising?

A. Once the sponsorship is approved, a member of the Community Relations team will work with the requesting agency to provide artwork for any needs.  Use of United Regional’s logo must be approved by United Regional’s Community Relations Department in advance and must comply with hospital logo presentation guidelines in effect at the time of use.

Q. What other types of support can be requested through sponsorship opportunities?

A. Nonprofit organizations may also submit a request for support in the form of an in-kind donation. United Regional can supply goody items such as pens, small first aid kits, hand sanitizers, bags, etc. for events.

Q. What is an EIN?

A. An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number and is used to identify a business entity. It is issued by the Internal Revenue Service and is also commonly known as a Tax Exemption Number.

Q. What are the communities served by United Regional?

A. The event or project must directly benefit the geographic area served by United Regional.  United Regional serves the following counties:  Wichita, Archer, Baylor, Clay, Hardeman, Jack, Montague, Young, Wilbarger

Q. I am a faith-based institution, can I apply for funding?

A. Faith-based organizations whose services are provided to anyone without regard to religious affiliation or required participation in faith-based activities are eligible to apply.

Q.  Are there funding limitations?

United Regional is a nonprofit hospital and as such, our funds are limited and will generally be made to organizations that have the greatest opportunity for positively affecting the health and wellness of the communities we serve. It is our policy not to approve funding for the following:

  • Political activities of any kind
  • Requests from or requests that benefit single individuals
  • Requests and/or events that do not improve the health of the communities that we serve
  • Requests for sponsorship of events that are of questionable taste or would potentially harm the reputation of the hospital by association

Q. May I apply for general operating costs?

A. General operating funding requests are not accepted by United Regional. (i.e. program staff salaries, software, supplies, equipment, rent/utilities, etc.)

Q. How will my proposal be evaluated? When will I hear back about my application?

A. Once submitted online, your request will be reviewed and a representative will contact you if any additional information is needed and to relay the sponsorship decision.  Decisions typically are made within three weeks of receipt of the request.  Due to the high volume of requests, we are unable to contribute to each eligible cause. If your cause is not selected, please feel free to apply again next year.

Q. Can I check the status of my request?

A. Yes, please contact the Community Relations department at (940) 764-3044 or via email at kmaddin@unitedregional.org