Entering a hospital is more than a crisis of health; it is a crisis of hope, and purpose, and life. As a patient, you may feel fear, anxiety, loneliness, anger, and worry — for yourself, and often for your loved ones as well. Tending to these emotional and spiritual needs is important to all of us at United Regional, and it represents the kind of excellence in health care we strive to give.
The Pastoral Care Department supports our patients and their loved ones during these crises of health and life and supports our staff working with you at your bedside and throughout our system. We are here to help you access your spiritual beliefs, traditions, and practices in order to gain comfort, strength, and courage during those crises.
Whether formally affiliated with a religious tradition or not, all of us share the needs of:
- (1) finding meaning and purpose in life;
- (2) generating hope as a resource for crisis and for daily living;
- (3) establishing and nurturing meaningful relationships in life which enhance our emotional and physical health; and
- (4) dealing with life’s hurts, anger, bitterness and challenges through experiences with forgiveness.
Our chaplains are here to support you so that these needs are acknowledged and met. We can offer:
- Our presence bedside or with family gathered in the hospital
- To listen
- Guidance through the grief process
- Comfort, counsel and prayer
- Help with religious rituals
- To enlist local clergy who can best meet your spiritual needs
Request a Visit from a Chaplin
Pastoral Care is available to you 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
To reach Pastoral Care: Call the Pastoral Care Department at (940) 764-8899
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Messages left on the voicemail after those hours will be heard the next business day.
- During evening and weekend hours, your caregivers know how to reach the chaplain on call.
- To fax material to Pastoral Care: (940) 764-7907.
- To email Pastoral Care: PastoralCare@unitedregional.org.
Our Chapel is located on the first floor of the Bethania Building.
To leave a prayer request:
If you have a prayer request please leave a written request in the prayer box in the Chapel.
These requests are checked daily and are prayed for by groups of United Regional employees committed to praying for the needs of our patients, their families and our staff.