Pediatric Advanced Life Support Class (PALS) – PROVIDER COURSE
November 2 @ 8:00 am - November 3 @ 4:30 pm$150.00
2 Day Class:
Nov. 2 – 8 AM to 4:30 PM
Nov. 3 – 8 AM to 4:30 PM
This classroom, video-based, instructor-led course uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS Course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- 2-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Cardiac, respiratory, and shock case discussions and simulations
- Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Resuscitation team concept
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
- Vascular access
Class Prerequisite: Please register two weeks before the class date. (by 10/19/23)
1) Purchase the PALS book on the AHA website at the link below:
2) Before attending the class, attendees must take the required online course for PALS through the American Heart Association.
Once registered you will be able to access the link for the necessary prework, located inside the 2020 Ed. PALS Book on page 7 https://elearning.heart.org/coursesearch?search_params=Pals&country_code=us where you will be prompted to set up an account. Once logged in, find your course name, and select Launch to begin the necessary pre-course work for the course.
You must obtain an 80% on the self-assessment to attend the course.
Complete evaluation, print completion scores, and certification of completion and bring them to class.